Wednesday, February 13, 2013

heartache

Our daughters have so much potential.

IMG_2287

Sometimes when I look at them my heartaches with the potential that I see in them and how little they see in themselves.   This is a picture of a time when she was not having a good moment.  Why did I take a picture to remember this?  Because too often I feel this way as well.

Today at soccer I sat in the stands and shed a few tears as I watched my oldest practicing her drills.  As parents we try to do what we can to give opportunities to our children to try new things and develop different skills.  The footwork that soccer players are capable of blow my mind.  The skills that she has developed over the past two years is incredible.  I am so proud of her.  As I sat in the stands today all I could see is the vastness of everything that she can accomplish and all the possibilities her life holds.  My heart ached with excitement for her.

Then I thought that my understanding is only a portion of what God sees.  Not only for her but for me as well.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

                                 ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Each morning when I wake up I will choose to live for my potential, as I make this choice I know that my daughters are watching and I pray that they will make the same choice each day as well. 

Maybe you need to make that choice as well?  Don’t let a day pass you by that you are not choosing to live up to your never-ending potential!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.