Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What is your heart saying?

“The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

This scripture was written thousands of years ago, and it is the same as today. Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. When the Bible refers to heart, it means the inner self, who you are deep down. So let’s say you did a good act toward someone else, on the outside it appears very noble, but on the inside you were thinking that if you do this good deed you may get something for yourself in return. Well, God looks at the heart and he knows the truth. Check out: 1 Chronicles 28:9, Proverbs 27:19

Have you ever heard of the phrase you are what you eat? Well, it applies to more than just what you eat.

Garbage in, garbage out. What that means is that whatever you take in visually, audibly, physically will become a part of your heart, the person you are that you are displaying for all to see.

Matthew 12:34-37 “For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Your words and your actions reveal your hearts attitude- are you acting or are you for real?

When I was involved in the Modeling industry I was taught that before I left the house each day to look in the mirror and see if I am representing myself appropriately as a model. As a Christian we need to look at ourselves before God and make sure that our hearts are pure before Him.

Psalm 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I don't want to have the "garbage" in my heart but regardless, it is there and it doesn't just go away with the snap of my fingers. I know at times, God probably isn't pleased with what's in my heart but sometimes I just can't help how I feel. Not sure how to change that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It can take a long time to get rid of the garbage that we have tucked into our hearts. The first step is to be aware of it. And then the process of removal. For myself I need to go drastic and get rid of what ever it is that causes me to loose focus. Then unceasing prayer whenever thougthts that I don't want pop into my head. It takes patience and discipline.

    If anyone says the Christian life is easy, they are lying. But it is rewarding, fulfilling and you will never find the peace, joy and love that comes from Christ anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.