Thursday, September 18, 2008

i dare you


My neighbour lent me the Joyce Meyer book, "i dare you" and I have been really enjoying it. She gave it to me at the beginning of summer and I am only on Chapter 6 so maybe I should be reading a book on dedication. But anyway, I wanted to share a portion of this book with you. In each chapter there is an "i dare you" section where she makes you put into practise what you are reading. Which I really appreciate because that is the very thing that I put in my book as well. But back to the topic once again.

I was reading the chapter "Putting Smiles on Faces" which is about service and the 'i dare you' section really made me think. So I wanted to share the questions with you for you to answer for yourself but I am also going to include my answers to show you that if I can do it anyone can do it (I am the words in bold). I hope I am not going to be sued for copyright infringement or anything but here we go:

Make Other People Smile

So many times we wait until we're ready to help others, but unfortunately that may be a long time. Make the effort to reach out to others using the gifts and the abilities God has equipped you with today. Ask yourself the following questions and write the answers down in a notebook or journal you can go back and review later:

1. Name three things that you do well:
encouraging others
organizing anything outside of my own home
sharing with teen girls


2. Name three things you enjoy doing:
studying and reading
hanging out with my family
encouraging others


3. Take one thing from your list of things you do well and brain storm as many ways as possible for you to use that skill or talent to serve other people:
Encouraging others I can do more in everyday life. It isn't hard to compliment someone everyday, several times a day in fact with whom ever I may come into contact with. I can send encouraging notes to my friends on Facebook, I can mail out thank you letters to people who have made a special impact in my life.

4. Ask God to give you a servant's heart and help you embrace more passion in your service for Him.
Heavenly Father, I pray for my heart, you know my thoughts and motives Lord, and I pray that my motives are that of a servant and that my thoughts are of You. Lord, I pray that when I feel your prodding to encourage someone that I make the time and do it. That when and opportunity presents itself I do not allow it to pass by, but that I show Your love here on earth. Father I thank you for my gift and I pray that I use it to glorify You in all that I do and in all that I am. In your Son's precious name, Amen.

So that is what I have for you today, my prayer is also that you take the time and answer the questions for yourself. I learned a lot about myself just then, I hope that you do as well.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.