Friday, December 19, 2008

What's your legacy?

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the legacy that I am leaving behind. A wonderful gentleman at my home church passed away. I will always remember his wonderful smile and his gentle nature. Every Sunday morning he was there to open the door for you and welcome you to the service. He did this humble act of service for over 30 years. That is amazing to me. He saw many arrive as new born babies to having children of their own. I know that his funeral will be a packed house, full of friends there to celebrate his life. I can’t even begin to guess how many lives he has touched. He is leaving an amazing legacy; his family must be so proud and honoured to be able to carry on the family legacy.

So now I have been thinking about my legacy. What am I teaching my children? Am I inspiring them to leave a legacy of their own? Is getting my book published my legacy? I honestly hope not. I have done so much above and beyond my book; it is all a part of the puzzle that God is allowing me to be a part of.

All of us have the opportunity to leave an impactful legacy. All of us have gifts and talents that we can use to help others. It is a choice. What does your legacy look like? What would you like it to look like?

1 comment:

  1. your blog very beautiful and more info,I like your blog

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.