Friday, March 19, 2010

31 Day Challenge- Proverbs Chapter 19

I still can’t believe that I posted what I did last night, but I am glad that I did.  Today has been a different day.  When you bring things to light they do not have a hold on you any more. AMEN!

Now for Chapter 19!

I didn’t have to read very far before a verse jumped off the page screaming at me.

V.2 “Zeal without knowledge is not good; a person who moves too quickly may go the wrong way.”

How true is that!  I have been known to, at times, get really excited about something and jump in wanting to go with it right away.  I have been learning that just because God is giving me passions for something doesn’t mean that He wants me to start it tomorrow.  If I do not have the knowledge or understanding I may go a different way than what God has planned for me.  Oh, don’t I know it!  My husband could tell you a lengthy list of when I have been guilty of this.  But I am learning!

V.3 “People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD.”

Ain’t that the truth!  We make our own beds and yet we get mad at God for ruining our lives.  Wake up and smell the java, (I’m telling myself this). We have been given the gift/curse of free will and a brain-- we choose how we will use them.

V.4- Just kidding, that would make for a long blog wouldn’t it!

V.8 “To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.”

I love that verse!  Chapter Four of my book is called “Loving Oneself”, I was just going through that chapter today.  How awesome is that!  By acquiring wisdom we are helping improve who we are.  We would only want to do that if we love ourselves enough to be who we have been created to be.  I think that calls for another- AMEN!

V.23 “Fear of the LORD gives life, security, and protection from harm.”

Fear of the Lord is a healthy respect; which is something that is not hard to do.  But if we can choose to do that, look what can come our way- life, security and protection from harm.  I love knowing that I have God on my side.  When I feel like I am in a place where I am not sure how to handle it, I know that if I depend on Him, He has got my back.  He does not want to see me harmed but He wants to see me living for and furthering His Kingdom.

What a great way to end my day.  I don’t know what I am going to do when I am done the book of Proverbs, I’m going to miss it.  I think I will move on to another book.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!
    V.8 “To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.”

    I love that verse! Chapter Four of my book is called “Loving Oneself”, I was just going through that chapter today. How awesome is that! By acquiring wisdom we are helping improve who we are. We would only want to do that if we love ourselves enough to be who we have been created to be. I think that calls for another- AMEN!

    Excellent...so true..I LOVE ME!!! I and a deep sea diver of the soul and mind and the WORD!! Cant get enough...great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting and your encouragement. It means more than you know!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.