Friday, March 12, 2010

31 Day Challenge, Proverbs Chapter 12

I am going to have a few tricky days ahead of me.  My girls are off school until Wednesday and they have been requesting a lot of me today.  Hopefully I can keep up with my blog each day.

Chapter 12 starts off with a bang, I love it!!!  V.1 “To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.”

I heard in one of the Proverbs podcasts about how leaders are self-educators.  Leaders love to learn, they are constantly reading, going to conferences and listening to all kinds of teaching to be continuously learning.  I love to do all those things so I guess I can place myself in the category of leader. 

Currently, I am addicted to podcasts and Blog Talk Radio.  A friend of mine also likes podcasts and I love it when she shares her finds with me.  Saskatoon is an hour and a half drive from our home; I like it when I have to do the drive by myself because then I am all by myself and my thoughts and I get to listen to podcasts and see what I can learn during the drive to and from. 

Sometimes I get a challenging talk to listen to and then I have to pause it just to digest a bit before I can start it again.  I do that with the Rob Bell podcast; I honestly don’t think I could attend his church because I wouldn’t be able to hit the pause button to digest his teaching, I just couldn’t take that much information in an hour.  But I have to admit that Mars Hill Bible Church is one of my favourite podcasts to listen to.

Anyway, back to Proverbs Chapter 12 verse 1.  I love to learn- to take in information.  But there are other ways to learn as well.  Life gives us a lot of “learning” as well.  Sometimes we get it wrong, and that is okay because that is how you get to right.  I can’t rely on reading and podcasts to learn what I need to live my life as an example of Jesus Christ.  I have to learn through the daily events that happen in my life.  I can’t love one way of learning and hate another, it all works together in order for me to be the woman of God that I am created to be.

V.24 “Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.