Monday, September 27, 2010

Fresh Brewed Mondays

fresh brewed mondays[2]

Chapter One is kicking my butt already.  Anyone else having that issue?  I sat down at my kitchen table to start working through the chapter.  I grabbed my Bible and journal.  I opened Fresh Brewed Life to chapter one and read the title, “Surrender to God”. 

My mind is always going in three directions at once, so I only got as far as the title and then I glanced at my Bible and remembered that I am between Bibles.   This past summer when I was speaking at camp my Bible fell all apart,  by the end of the week I was trying to hold sections of it in my Bible.  So I just got a new one and I have been working through all my highlighted parts of my old Bible and putting them in my new Bible. 

So I pulled out my old Bible and start highlighting in my new Bible.  The verse that I began at is Job 22:21-23

“Surrender to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well with you.  Listen to his instructions and store them in your heart.  If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored – So clean up your life.”

I just sat back and laughed at what became my introduction to this study.  Okay God, I am getting it.  I give up….I can’t do it on my own……I give everything to you…… I surrender.

1 comment:

  1. haha! Chapter one overwhelemed in after like two paragraphs! I'm glad we're taking a month to chew on it, can't imagine getting through it in one week!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.