Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Happy Times

thankful thursday I can’t believe that it has taken 37 years to get to this point in my life.  (Yes, I am 37, actually turning 38 in a month, shocking isn’t it! J)

I am thankful because I have finally arrived at a place in my life where I am thinking about myself.  Sounds kind of selfish doesn’t it.  But it totally isn’t.  I am just now discovering that I am free to be me.  I have spent far too many years listening to others tell me who I need to be or what I need to be.  I have been designing my life around others perceptions of who I should be.  This included what I was choosing to do in my life, to what I was wearing.  How wrong is that?

I first started to notice it because of my daughters.  They are growing up and developing their own style and personality.  I can no longer buy clothes for them, they need to choose.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  I may express my opinion i.e. not picking short shirts that would show the belly button.  I am helping them make better choices and I explain why I am suggesting something different.  But they are free to develop their own style.

Through that experience I was also learning about myself.  I would see the clothing my oldest would pick and inside I wished that I could be brave enough to pick and wear something like that.  Then I thought: Why can’t I?

We are now going through a major house renovation but in a way I think it is becoming a major life renovation.  We are getting rid of the old and starting new again.  What a refreshing time for the whole family.  Usually I would be freaking out about change, but this change is so refreshing and invigorating that it is welcome and gladly excepted!

I am finally thankful to be me!!!!!!!!

Thankful Thursday Friends_thumb[5]

Melissa @ A Penny Saved

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.