Monday, March 24, 2008

What am I reading?

I have been reading a book called “The Shack” by William P. Young. It is such an interesting book. The beginning bothered me quite a bit but I am glad that I pushed through it. I read it in three days. I never read anything that fast; I just couldn’t put it down. The second day I had to stop reading just to process it all. It is a fiction book and it paints the Trinity in such an interesting way. I would encourage all to read it and so I am not going to tell you anymore because I don’t want to give anything away. But the way that God’s character is portrayed is so much like how He is in my life. I loved it, I laughed, I cried, I can’t wait to read it again. But I have a waiting list of friends that are interested in reading it. I was actually going to order another copy from Amazon and they are sold out. I went on the website and I read that the book is in its 7th printing. I can only dream of the day that my book is in its 7th printing.

I have noticed that since I was on TV this morning that traffic on my website has increased and my ranking on Amazon is higher. A side note: I can't believe the price that Amazon is selling my book for, I can't even buy copies from my publisher for myself for that price! So I pray that the books go to people that are ready to make changes and grow in their relationship with Christ. I was actually talking to a couple who had bought a book for a friends’ daughter and they told me that she read the book and now she is so excited to read her Bible. AMEN! That was one of the best compliments that I have received concerning my book. That others are delving into their Bible to discover Christ in a real way, how awesome. If so many people knew what they were missing and what a difference it would make in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.