Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Open your eyes and your ears!

On Saturday I shared about Mentoring. Not mentoring in the conventional form that is the first thing that comes to mind, but "Lifestyle Mentoring" in the form of being the hands, feet and love of Jesus Christ. By walking around with our eyes open so that we can see the worlds’ needs and do something about it. Every little bit helps. By us as Christian women living how we are instructed in Titus 2 there is so much that we can do in the community around each one of us.

I shared with you about Grandma Joyce, my dear neighbour who passed away on Christmas Eve. I would like to express how much I learned and was encouraged by this incredible woman. Not only can we affect the world around us but we also need to be open to learning from others as well. Everyone has something to share and something that we can learn from. We are students till the day we die; you will never reach the place of “I know everything- there isn’t anything more that I can learn.”

Not only do we need to open our eyes to the world around us, but we also need to open our ears. Learn from the people that are placed in our lives. Take time to listen and glean all that you can. Why learn all of life’s lessons the hard way by experiencing them for yourself, learn from what others have experienced.

To all of you lovely ladies that attended the "Sharing the Journey" conference on the weekend. Good for you! You took time out of your schedule to build into yourself, which in turn you are able to build into the Kingdom! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

To all of you who attended my sessions, I hope you are striving to walk around with your eyes open and are allowing yourself to be used as the hands, feet and love of Jesus Christ. If you missed out on the homework, or you would like to learn more, click here for the handouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.