Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do you feel full?

I'm not meaning full as in turkey dinner. I am talking about full as in life is so full your head hurts. That is how I have been feeling lately. I even bumped into an old friend at the grocery store the other day and that is the first thing our conversation went to. It went something like this: "Hi, how are you?" My reply, "Too busy." I'm not pretending that I'm fine anymore, no more pat answers for me. I have acknowledged the fact that I am too busy and I need to make change.

But where does that change begin and how far do I go? Now that both my girls are in school full-time I thought I would have all this time and I have more than adequately filled it up. I know this because what I thought would be my day activities are spilling into my nights when I need to be focusing on my family, homework, regular bed times, etc. How did I think that I could handle all of this and where do I start chopping.

I was at a
women's retreat on the weekend and all weekend I heard, "Be still and know that I am God." I think I may have posted about that in the past. This is something that I have been hearing for a while. I feel God tugging on my heart trying to get my attention during my busy day and I keep saying, "Just let me get the dishes done, or I have to write a blog post. Then I promise I will go and spend time with you." And guess what, once I complete one thing then I find 50 more things that I need to do and then I never did make the time to go and be still before Him. Something that I am ashamed to admit is that this verse has bee constant in my mind for quite some time so you know what I did, instead of listening and obeying I went and bought a mug with the verse on it, I downloaded a couple of songs that sing about the verse and I even looked at wall art of that verse. I did all these other things when I should just stop, drop and pray.

You know what God I think I am done my blog post now, are you ready to meet with me? Here I am.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I've felt the opposite. My child is in school full time and I have all this free time on my hands and the house...is sooo quiet!! There is only so much house work, and cooking a mom can do although, I have to admit - I've never just sat waiting for God. How do you keep your mind focused? I know I'm supposed to be here at home but...it's lonely!
    (bntharkonen@telus.net) I'd be happy for any wise words.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.