Tuesday, February 23, 2010

always give thanks

Last night while I was praying I began to think about all the people in my life that are struggling through difficult times. As each person came to mind I began to think about how we are all on a journey and we are all learning something but why does it have to hurt so much sometimes.

Then 1 Thessalonians 5:18 came to mind, “No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” being thankful

That’s a tough one. Where on earth can we find the silver lining in some of life’s issues that are overwhelming right now. That a pretty tall order, if you ask me.

As I thought about it more I began to realize that if we spend our time focusing on the negative where does that leave us? It keeps us in this pit of self-pity and we are helping no one especially ourselves. When we focus on being thankful for the good in the situation then we can move on and become a stronger person for it.

Of course none of this is easy but I can see the wisdom in Paul’s advice. What does being an example of Christ look like? A bunch of Christian going around complaining about their problems, or a bunch of Christians over-coming their problems and becoming stronger in character.

If you are struggling with something today, write down five things that you are thankful about in this situation. Go ahead give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Check out this video while you are making your list.

Praise you in this Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.