Tuesday, March 30, 2010

31 Day Challenge- Proverbs Chapter 30

Chapter 30!  Are we having fun yet?

This is an interesting chapter.  This Chapter was not written by Solomon but by Agur.  As I was listening and then reading this Chapter I thought it was so funny that he continued to correct himself, He would say there are three things…. no four.  This is found in V’s. 15, 18, 21, then in verse 24 he goes straight to four and then in V. 29 starts out at three again. 

To be honest nothing really jumped out at me today. But I do like how the chapter began.  Agur basically started out by saying that he feels very inferior and he is not where he would like to be.  Which I really respect.  Too many speakers get up there and state all their accomplishments in hopes that their words hold more value.

First we need to remember where those accomplishments came from and I would rather listen to someone with a humble heart.  This chapter is written from the perspective of a man on journey.  To me that shows a lot of wisdom.  Well done Agur, for writing from where you are, not pretending to write where you think you should be.

3 comments:

  1. So, what now?
    I've been journaling through the Psalms but it'd be nice to have a little something more!

    Easter plans?

    We're heading to Vancouver (Whiterock) to visit family! None of our family is in to the Church thing so we'll be celebrating silently unless the Lord gives us an open door to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a plan for something that I would like to do in the future. I will let you know soon.

    I will be in the lower-mainland during Easter too! We should be arriving in Langley on Friday night if all goes according to plan. Would love to get together for coffee but don't know any plans until we get there. I am seeing the Dr. for my back and I have no idea when the appointments will be. But we should keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this post today!!! thank you for writing it even though nothing really jumped out at you...
    You said: not pretending to write where you think you should be

    Thank you for the encouragement to be real, to not hide, for reminding that it is in the realness that others are touched!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.