Monday, March 29, 2010

31 Day Challenge- Proverbs Chapters 29

I just want to start this blog letting every know that I am having an awesome day!  dsc_0004When you “Let go and LET GOD!” it makes life so much easier.  Why did I try to do things my way for so long?  I thought I was smarter than that.

Speaking of smarter.  I received a wonderful compliment from my husband today.  I have been praying over something for months and I finally exposed what I felt the answer was and my husband turned to me and said, “When did you get so wise?”  (He was just joking by the way, I have always been wise.J)  Anyway, I replied, “It’s because I have been studying Proverbs, I only have two more days and then I will be really wise!”  I have just been giddy all day, maybe I am just happy that my husband is home from his fishing trip.J

Now let’s back to Proverbs Chapter 29!

V.1 “Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair.”

We have seen a few verses throughout Proverbs talking about accepting criticism.  This has been something difficult for me; when I try really hard at something and I usually give 110% to everything I do, to hear criticism is hard.  And if I am being honest I am not good at receiving praise either.  Just let me do my job.  Obviously God and I have some work to do in this area.

V.18a “When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild.”

This seems an appropriate way to end the post since it is the way I started it.  I am glad that I am done with my wild days and ways and that I am willing and open to accepting divine guidance.  AMEN!

3 comments:

  1. I recently got a dose of criticism from my husband...I think I shocked him when I said "YOU RIGHT!!LOL
    He was...just being honest changes things drastically. We know what we are doing within us ...whether what another says is FOUNDED or UNFOUNDED...
    sometimes its just opionion and the Lord knows how many of those are out there!!

    Let'em be and let'em go and LET GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your hubby catch anything? Is it trout that you fish for where you live?

    We need to remember that being wise doesn't mean being perfect!
    I'd like to do a study on Solomon...the wisest man.

    I'm glad my wild days are done too...wish I could change a few things but like you said they've made me who I am today!

    Critisism and praise are hard for me as well...

    Glad you're having a good day...me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, he caught pickeral and jack. They were not biting and the ones he did catch were really small. He goes on a fishing trip in June where they go further north and they catch a lot to fill up my freezer!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.