Wednesday, March 10, 2010

31 Day Challenge, Proverbs Chapter 10

Today’s is my sister’s birthday, Happy Birthday Kim!

Chapter 10: Today there were so many verses that stood out to me.  So I just thought I would post them.

v.2 “Ill-gotten gain has no lasting value, but right living can save your life.”

V.7 “We all have happy memories of the godly, but the name of a wicked person rots away.”

V.17 “People who accept correction are on the pathway to life, but those who ignore it will lead others astray.”

V.21 “The godly give good advice, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense.”

V.24 “The fears of the wicked will all come true; so will the hopes of the godly.”

I think the next verse goes well with the previous.

V.28 “The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked are all in vain.”

V.32 “The godly speak words that are helpful, but the wicked speak only what is corrupt.”

If I had to sum up my thoughts on this chapter I would say that I hope when I am gone that I am remembered for the words I used to make life a more positive experience for the people I have come into contact with over the years.

How would you like to be remembered?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.