Saturday, March 06, 2010

31 Day Challenge, Proverbs Chapter 6

I so enjoyed the podcast this morning.  It was something that I really need to hear.  I really liked when Al Fike was talking about discipline: “Discipline is doing the thing that you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.”

Chapter 6:4 “Don't put it off. Do it now! Don't rest until you do.”

Time management is not my strong point.  I like making lists and checking them off, but it seems like I am going crazy all day and not checking off much of my list.  I get so side-tracked most of the time.  Actually all the time.  I start one thing and then notice ten others that need to get done and then I don’t get done what I wanted to that day and then I go to bed feeling like my day was wasted.  Anyone else feel like that or am I as strange as I like I am?wpa0508l

I like how the chapter talks about the ants. V. 6-7  and how hard they work.  In the podcast it talks about  the determination of the ant, and how if you put your hand in front of the ant it would try everything to keep going on its path.  It would try to go around, under-- it would do everything it could to keep going.

Oh, to have that kind of focus!

I also noticed that V.20 is the same verse as Proverbs 1:8.  I guess it is important.

Each day I can feel myself growing through this challenge.  I think I am going to try and do this twice a year.  In the fall I am going to be doing an online Bible Study based on my book and I think we are going to do this challenge for the month of October.  Disciplining myself to read a chapter everyday has been good for me and my family, because I am a much nicer person when I stay grounded in the truth.  And all my family said, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.