Sunday, March 07, 2010

31 Day Challenge, Proverbs Chapter 7

I don’t remember Proverbs being this much about immoral women.  I was just joking with my husband saying that I think Proverbs was written for men.  But what I found interesting is that King Solomon keeps telling the men to watch out for the immoral woodswomen etc.  but why isn’t he talking to the women.  If they made different choices you wouldn’t have to warn the men so much.  Just a thought.

My thoughts on Chapter 7 is that it is about making choices.

Here King Solomon talks about a man that he sees out his window.  The man is walking around at night in the area that the prostitutes frequent.  Obviously the man is walking into temptation.  If you are tempted by something then you need to make the choice to stay out of the way of where you will find it.

1Cr 10:13 “But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.”

Too often we think that we are strong enough on our own, and we purposely put ourselves in places, with people and around things that cause us to stumble.  I know I have made that mistake enough times that I should know better by now.

We need to be mindful of our choices and avoid what may cause us to stumble, but if we come face to face with something out of our control remember that the One that created us will show us a way out.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean - it's almost too much hearing about the immoral woman! Ha! I was thinking yesterday about how much power women hold with the whole sex thing, and how so often it is for evil, when we, as wives, should be using that "power" to bless our husbands....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.