Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Book Review- No More Christian Nice Girl- Coughlin & Degler

I have to say that I was intrigued when I was given the option to review this book. I already had a lot on my plate but I love reading so I was hoping this would be my escape from my life. I can’t believe how quickly I read this book. Not because I had to get it done in time for the review but because I was intrigued to see where the authors Paul Coughlin and Jennifer D. Degler were going to go with each chapter.
I have never classified myself as a “Christian Nice Girl” I am one that pushes boundaries and chooses not to do things the normal way. I didn’t think there would be a lot for me in this book but I could use what I learned to help others that I would classify in that category.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found that I was asking myself a few questions. A chapter that surprised me was the one that asked about what you heard from your parents growing up and how that affected you. It was interesting because I turned it around and asked myself if I am saying those things to my daughters. YIKES, that was a hard one to swallow.

Overall, I have to say that I am impressed with this book, the authors used a few corny analogies in various chapters but I was able look past that and look at the overall message of the book. I would definitely recommend this book. Women that I would purchase this book for is a “new” Christian woman who thinks being a “nice girl” is the way she needs to behave in order to fit in with the Christian culture.

I would love to hear your feedback on this book, so after you read it come back here and leave me a message. Enjoy!

**Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available now at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.