Friday, June 04, 2010

Book Review- What happened to my life? by Danna Demetre

What happened to my life?  Who hasn’t asked that question of themselves at some point of their lives?  I know that I have let my life get away from me over the last little while and I am in the 41QJjoJpZpL._SL160_process of regaining it and I have been using this book as a tool to do just that.
The book begins with six chapters to help you get your focus back in order.  Then in moves on to a 40 day study.  I have to admit that I have not worked through the study, but I definitely want to.  I have mentioned in a previous post that I want to do a book study through my blog about balance.  This is a book that I was considering so it was great to be given the chance to review it and see if it will work as a blog study.
It has been a great tool to open my eyes to new ideas and ways of thinking.  It has an endorsement from Kay Arthur whom I respect for many of things that she stands for.  I like the fact that Demetre continues to turn what you are learning back to scripture.  Which is very important to me.  I am often put off by authors that just want to get their ideas across in their books and then through in some scripture for good measure.  That is not how this book is written.  The author has experienced a lot of “life” and has lived to share about it in this book.
I am looking forward to doing the 40 day study and moving my life to a place of new passion, purpose and joy.
**Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available now at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.