Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Book Review- Have A New You by Friday!- Leman

How many times have we tried to change our own habits, only to find that changing ourselves is even harder than trying to change someone else? Now, what the bestselling Have a New Kid by Friday has done for families and Have a New Husband by Friday has done for couples, Have a New You by Friday will do for individuals. With his signature wit and commonsense psychology, Dr. Kevin Leman will walk readers through their own personal five-day action plan. Readers will come to -accept the truth about themselves -boost their confidence by identifying the lies they're telling themselves--and putting them to rest for good -change their lives by concentrating on becoming who they really want to be Based on content from The Real You, Have a New You by Friday is the way to a happier, more fulfilling life.

 

Having a new you by Friday is a viable option.  I am a Kevin Leman fan, I have read several of his book and enjoy his honesty and humour.  I have to admit that his new book, “Have a New You by Friday” is my favourite.

My husband and I just travelled 16 hours in our van for medical appointments for our daughter.  I get car sick so I bought the audio book from iTunes and it is also available through Oasis Audio and we listened to it as we drove.  I can’t believe how quickly the hours passed as we listened to the book being read to us and our continual pausing as we discussed various sections of the book.

Not only did I learn about myself, but also how I relate and can understand my husband, daughters and the people around me.

In one of our discussions somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, we talked about how our churches and communities would be different if everyone took the time to read the book.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

  1. I love Kevin Leman. He makes me laugh and think all at the same time. I'll have to check this one out. Check out my blog, I have an award for you there. Thanks CJ

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.