Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Think, think, think

think-positive1

While I have been sitting and crocheting it gives you a lot of time to think.  For me, that is good and bad.  It is good to sit in stillness and give your mind time to wonder and think about what is around you. 

What is bad, is what I have been doing.  I have been using this special time of stillness to think about negative things that are around me and then I dwell on them all day and they consume my thoughts.  I think about the choices that other people are making and I see how destructive it is and how negatively it is impacting others and I get so worked up about it.  Then I have to take a deep breath and remind myself that it is choices that someone else is making and I really have no control over the situation.  They are going to have to deal with the consequences of their own choices. 

Then I get so mad at myself for wasting so much time worry about other peoples choices. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?  Maybe I do it because I have had to walk the path of learning from poor choices that I have made in the past and I it is hard to watch others having to walk down that same path.  Or maybe I am just a control freak and I want to control their situations.

Whatever the reason, I am making a conscious effort to stop dwelling on the negative around me.  There are positive things happening around me that I am ignoring and that is going to change!  The positive is what I am going to focus on now.  We have been given the blessing/curse of free will.  Most often we choose which path we are going to walk down and if we want to stay on that path.  My path at the moment isn’t the best one to walk down, focusing on the negative is never a good place to be.  What example am I setting for my daughters?  Definitely not one that I would like to see them follow.  Today I choose to look for the positive around me and rejoice in what I see.  That is the legacy that I would like to leave and inspire in my daughters.

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one. I do this too. Most of the time the negative thoughts are about me and my actions.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote on the picture. I may have to borrow that for Quoteable Monday's!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.