Monday, March 14, 2011

I’m back!!!

Yes, my blog has been hijacked for the last little while as I helped my friend raise some funds to build a home for boys in Bolivia.

Now, I get my blog back and I have a list of posts that I can’t wait to share with you.  I think I was having post withdrawal or something.

Today I want to post something so special that happened at our fundraiser on Friday night.  I had a few friends donate beautiful works of art and these painting were adorning my home until the night of the auction. 

My daughters (ages 7 & 8) wanted to be able to contribute as well by painting their own picture.  So one day when the girls came home from school I had newspaper covering the kitchen table, 2 canvas’ laid out and paint ready to go.  They got right to work and made their masterpieces.  They were very proud of their artwork and were excited to have them auctioned off to raise money for Ken.

I added them to the Live Auction Program and their artwork was displayed for everyone in attendance.  On the program I had to write a value so of course I said “priceless”. 

Halfway through the auction it was their “work of art” turn.   I had been walking around and displaying the previous auction items as the auctioneer did her thing, I wasn’t sure how the audience would react to the girls paintings.  When I saw that their turn was up, I made an announcement that we were lucky enough to have the next artists in the audience that evening and that they would display their artwork.  The crowds reaction was very gracious and I am so thankful.  I had the girls come to the front to hold their paintings for all to see.

SNC00040

It was so exciting when the bidding started at $20!  Then the bids continued to go back and forth among several people until Daddy ended up winning the bid at $80!  The girls were so proud.

Something that we didn’t notice until that evening was that when you placed the pictures beside each other they had both made a sun in the corner and when you put them together it made a set!

It was an awesome moment; the girls had been seeing all the work that I was putting into the event and it was inspiring and encouraging for me to that they wanted to be a part of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.