Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ Wake-up calls

thankful thursday

I am thankful for friends who are willing to give you a wake-up call when you need one.

About a month ago during the middle of the night thieves came and broke into my husbands truck and stole most of his tools.  My husband is a contractor and this is our livelihood.  I did not take this situation well.  Not only was this an invasion on our home and family but also a great loss to our company at one of the worst times of the year for contractors.  After dealing with the police and insurance companies we learned that we didn’t have enough insurance on “tools” to replace all that was lost.  Which was in the thousands. 

My stress level was pretty high; during the day I would stress about money and at night I would lay awake listening to see if the thieves came back to rob us again.  After a couple of weeks of no sleep I was a walking zombie.  Not a good place to be; I was of little use to anyone.

I would pray to find peace in this situation, and all I would hear is “give thanks in all circumstances.”  So then I would list all the things I was thankful for but still no sleep.

One morning in Sunday School a friend asked how I was, and my only reply could be, “Tired”.  She then shared a verse with me that was given to her when she was going through a challenging time.

Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

That night I thought of that verse as I was going to bed and I had the first real sleep in weeks.  I am so thankful that my friends look out for me and they are obedient to give me what I need when I need it.  It seems to be a theme these days and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.