Thursday, September 08, 2011

Thankful Thursday

thankful thursday

Today I am thankful for people who have intentionally come into my life and inspired me.

Mrs. Pocock is a spitfire of a woman who has forever touch my life.  I remember her when I was young; my brother, sister and I would fight to sit beside her in church because she would always bring a second purse to church that was full of candy and things to do.  I remember my brother getting the prize spot most of the time.  Probably because he was the youngest.

In my early 20’s my grandmother passed away.  I sat beside her every Sunday in church, we shared a hymnal and I so enjoyed my Sunday mornings worshipping with her.  The Sunday after the funeral, Mrs. Pocock came and sat beside me and said she wanted to by my adopted Grandma and that I could share the hymnal with her each week.  She didn’t have the beautiful voice of my grandmother but I was grateful none-the-less.

She has always had a quick wit about her and she still makes me laugh till my sides hurt.  You never know what is going to come out of her mouth.  One line that I will always remember is when she was talking about someone she knew and as a side comment she said, “She has a face only a mother could love.”  It was one of those moments when you didn’t know whether to be shocked or roll across the floor laughing!

Mrs Pocock and the girls

The girls and I were able to visit with her during our recent trip to Ontario.  Here she is 99 years young!  What a precious woman.  I am so thankful that the girls had the opportunity to meet her and catch a glimpse of this special woman that touch my life in such a unique way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.