Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Realization

thankful%2520thursday%255B3%255D

After being in youth ministry for so many years I was often asked the question about how do you find the man of your dreams.  My reply was to get involved in things that use your gifts and talents and once you are doing that often you will meet someone with the same interests as you and it will hopefully give you a great starting point to a life long relationship.  Of course there are many variables in that, but I know many couples with that story of how they met and I, myself have that story as well.

So why am I sharing this with you?  I came to the realization the other day that the same way that you can meet the man of your dreams can be true when finding the success that you dream of in your life. 

I have to admit that I have had a lot of envy issues over the last few months.  I have been meeting great people through the blog world and Etsy sellers and I look at their successes and wonder why they can’t be my successes too.  We may all do different things but I think that I am good at what I do and yet I see no success in it.  I guess I should define what I am using as the definition of success.  I am making no money.  I am a success in the fact that I can crochet well but I would like to see some monetary profit in what I do.

I look back at the things that I have done over the past few years and I realized that I continue to be a financial burden for my husband.  What a gracious man I am married to.  He works so hard and I come up with flighty ideas hoping to add to our family bank account, which in the end only decrease the family bank account.

I am tired, I am tried of trying to make things work that really don’t, of getting involved in things that take me away from my family more than they should.  It was time for a re-evaluation.

What I conclude is this: the people that I have been envious over have invested in their gifts and developed their gifts and they have made it a success. 

Success is not just going to fall in my lap. 

I am going to continue to develop my gift and branch out into other areas which is happening naturally for me right now. (more about that in my next post)  Which is so encouraging!!!!  I don’t now where this will lead, if it will be “a man of my dreams kind of success” but I vow to be thankful for where I am and where I am going and I will try to listen to that still small voice that I ignore more often than I listen to.

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.