Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Trying to be ready for anything!

Life is full of beautiful busyness right now.  I am so enjoying where my life is heading.  Which is really incredible because a month ago I thought I was going in a completely different direction.  I guess you need to be ready for anything.  I am meeting wonderful couples who are planning weddings and I am meeting great people who offer wonderful unique ideas for weddings.  Yesterday I was featured in our local paper!  You can read the article HERE.

Beyond all of the new job stuff, my daughters are home this week from school.  We are having a blast!  My oldest just turned 10 on Sunday and it has been great celebrating her birth and the wonderful young lady that she is becoming.  Both my daughters are in swimming lessons this week so that is helping to break up the day, I am enjoying my 90 minutes to make a few notes and send some emails.  We even had a chance to get hair cuts!

Acacia

Acacia went drastic and cut her hair short!  She is so brave!

Nevaeh

Nevaeh had a couple of inches taken off and then her hair done is a special braid.

The Girls

They were so cute I wanted to get a picture of them together and this is the best that I could get, what a pair!

polkadiv

This past year I have been co-teaching the Grades 7-8 Sunday School class.  I am really enjoying it.  It is always interesting to see where the conversations go and the questions they ask.  I also appreciate the prep time.  Getting into the scriptures and digging for answers. 

If you have followed this blog through the years you know that I have done a lot of study on the book of Esther.  I love researching people of the Bible and looking at things from a different perspective.  In the spring of 2011 I attended a women’s retreat where the speakers taught on several women in the Bible.  On Saturday morning I knew they were sharing about Tamar.  I had a few minutes between breakfast and the session so I thought I would read through the story and refresh my memory.  Wow, I was not prepared for what happened.  I saw the story of Tamar come to life in a different perspective than I have ever heard in my life.

I really want to share it with you but I need you do to something first.  Please study Genesis 38.  Pray that God will open up the scriptures to your heart and mind.  I will be doing the same before I write my next post within the next week.  I am interested in hearing what you learn as well.  Please leave me a comment or send me an email to let me know how your eyes are being opened to the words and lessons through the life of Tamar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.