Monday, December 31, 2012

A time and a place….

For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven.   Ecclesiastes 2:1

I recently read that scripture at a funeral for a very close family friend that passed away just before Christmas.  It is a journeypassage of scripture that will not leave my mind. 

I always find that as a new year approaches I do a lot of reflecting on what my year looked like upon reflection.  Every New Year’s since I was a teen I write in my journal on New Year’s Eve. 

What I write now is very different from what I wrote in my teens, I wrote a post about it once HERE.  As I write I choose to look at the big picture, about my journey not any individual circumstance or situation.

Life is a journey and we all have a path that we are on and we have the opportunity to choose how we travel it.  I am hoping that at the end of my journey I hear the words “good and faithful servant.”

I saw the following quote on Pinterest and I am holding on to it for my 2013 slogan for my life.  I know that there are going to be some exciting things happening in 2013 but I also know that there will be a few character building exercises along the way as well.

resolution

I am choosing the way that I travel my path and I am looking forward in anticipation with where my feet will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.