Monday, February 04, 2013

Trees

I love trees, I love looking up into the trees and admiring the strength of their height.IMG_2276

In order for a tree to stand with such magnificence it needs to have a strong root system.IMG_2285

The roots need to be down deep and wide spread in order for a tree to stand tall during the storms that may come and try and knock it down.

IMG_2301

Sounds like life.

“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk with him rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.”  Colossians 2:6 & 7

I am a work in progress, I am learned to grow my roots deeper and wider.  When storms hit I need to know that my roots will hold me up, stand tall and proud.  We never know when a storm may hit, so we need to be prepared for when they hit.  Because in all of our lives there is a storm coming, it is up to each of us on how we choose to prepare for that storm.

I choose to be ground in the Word of God. May these verses in Ephesians reach deep down into your heart:

Prayer for Spiritual Strength

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.