Friday, February 08, 2013

the sunrise

If you have been following my blog over the last few months you would have read about some issues I was having with going back to work and the fact that I was turning into a monster.

My morning drives are very different now because I have changed my perspective.  Every morning as I am driving to work I take a moment to enjoy the sunrise.  IMG_2747

The colours that spread across the sky as the sun starts to peak out of the horizon just warms my soul.  Many times I have pulled over to the side of the road, even in the recent freezing temperatures that we have had just to capture the beauty of a sunrise.

Evolution of Education Museum, Prince Albert, SK

As I was walking through the parking lot to go work the other day, I stopped to take a picture of the sunrise.  My heart was heavy that day because we had been dealing with a family issue the night before and I didn’t feel like I handled it with the Godly wisdom that I continuously pray for.  I was tired and grumpy and dealt with it the quickest way I knew how so that I could get everything I needed done that night so I could go to bed.  Obviously, it wasn’t the best decision because here it is a day later and I am still haunted by it.  As I paused to take in the sunrise I thought – Today is a new day, I am going to rejoice and be glad in it.  It is a new day to start fresh and I can choose to do things differently starting each day.

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

Look at that sunrise!  How could you not pull over and capture the beauty of a new day and a fresh start.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Lamentation 3:22 & 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.