Thursday, April 11, 2013

Life goes on……

Life is full and busy, busier than I would like to be.  This is going to be a rather random post of whatever I find on my phone.  I said that this is going to be the year of a photo journal of everyday things.  So here we go!

This is my youngest, she has such a gentleness in her face.  I caught this moment while we were shopping in Michaels, this wasn’t posed at all, thank goodness I had my phone ready!IMG_3255

I am finding that I need to make time for things I like to do so that I do not become overwhelmed with my life.

IMG_3290

IMG_3293

Recently I taught a crochet class for a group of Grade 4 girls.  It was fun seeing them work through it.  We made cute little bracelets.  Easy to make and it teaches you the basics and gives a lot of practise.  A perfect first project!  I just love to teach!

My oldest turned 11!  Wow, where did the time go?  She is growing up so fast, it is so great to see her personality starting to shine through.

IMG_3355

Family friends took in a couple of puppies that lost their mother.  My youngest is just enamoured with them.  Look at the look on her face!

IMG_3358

The other day there were a couple of quail running around in front of our house, so I ran inside to tell the girls so that they could see them.  We all ran outside to see these birds scurry off into the trees, when we were walking back to the house I happened to look up and I saw this:

IMG_3304

It is an upside down rainbow.  I had no idea what it was so I googled it of course! 

The circumzenithal arc or circumzenith arc (CZA), also called the Bravais' arc, is an optical phenomenon similar in appearance to a rainbow; but it arises from refraction of sunlight through horizontally-oriented ice crystals, generally in cirrus clouds, rather than from raindrops.

I guess there is a benefit from our very cold long winter.  We have had snow since mid-October it is really enough.  The Weather Network is tell me that we are in for yet another few inches tomorrow.  Can anyone recommend a nice warm place to move to?

I am working on a great mixed media art piece with a crochet infusion for an upcoming art auction.  I am very excited.  I am also doing something special with my camera strap cozies!  They are the most looked at item in my Etsy shop ~ Living Skies Crochet. 

IMG_2586

Keep checking back for more news on that, I have to confirm a few things before I make it official!  In meantime I am making as many as I can before the big announcement.

If you want to follow me along on my photo journey please check out my Instagram livingskiescrochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.