Monday, February 25, 2008

The sun is shining!

It is so nice to get Vitamin D naturally. It has been a long winter. I grew up in Ontario, so Saskatchewan winters are very long and very cold. I am not sure that I will ever get used to them. An awful fever/cold/cough type thing has been going through our home. It is now my turn, I always find that God uses me best when I am at my weakest. And I am almost to that point. Last night was awful, I had no voice and my throat was so sore that I couldn't sleep. So coffee in hand I am trying to get as much done at my computer as possible while my oldest is at school today.

I am working on my talk for Friday night and there is so much to say I don't know how to put it all together. I feel like just going there as prepared as possilbe and just letting the words fly as they come out. I see so much going on around me that I want to help people with. I see people living their live just day to day hoping that the next day will be better. Why do people choose to live that way? I know a lot of the time it is because they don't know anything different. How that just makes my heart hurt. Here in Prince Albert we have lost 2 teen girls in the past couple of months to drunk drivers. They choose to get into a vehicle with a driver who was drunk and paid for that choice with their life. Why? Was it a common practice, everyone drives drunk so it was just a ride home? Was it because they thought they had no other option to get home? Was it because of peer pressure, they didn't want to look like a geek and call their Mom and Dad? Unfortunately, they can not answer my questions. What motivation to people have today to make positive chioces?

I know when I was a teen I made some stupid choices and I knew in my gut that they were wrong. Is that gut feeling there anymore or are we becoming too numb to the world around us. The world is falling apart so we might as well live life now because their may not be a tomorrow? Is that a way to live or a way to die?

How can I inspire my daughters to find more to live for? That there is more to life then what we see around us. Why is it that because I am happily married to the father of my two girls that I am abnormal. This was a huge wake up call for me. I am the minority. The life that we dream of when we are growing up has become a rarity. What has changed to our thinking that when women are going into marriage they think, "Oh, this is my first marriage, it may not work out." How sick a thought is that. I used to do make-up for brides and I acutally heard those words from women on their wedding day. I wish I would have had the guts to ask those women some difficult questions when they were in my make-up chair. Maybe it would have helped the divorce rate if I did.

Where is the hope for the future? We see so much of the negative glorified in the media today. I have always wanted to do a tv show that interviewed regular people that are doing positive things. I would love to see that take front stage rather than the breakdown of Britney Spears. My, I pray for that poor girl. I don't know why I have such a burden for her.

We have so much to be thankful for, compared to other places in the world, we live in so much excess. Take a look around you and see all that you have, rather than what you think you don't have. Think about what you can do for someone else today, rather than what someone can do for you.

Take a moment right now to either email or write someone a short note, thanking them for their friendship. Start a chain of blessing in other's lives. I am going to write mine right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.