Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's going to be good!

It's going to be good!

Well, it is the night before the girls conference and I am so excited. I have everything put together and packed. I have a few errands to run in the morning while my youngest is at pre-school and I will be good to go!!

Today I have been suffering from terrible back pain, so bad that I can barely stand up straight. And I know that the only thing that can cure it is prayer and doing the girls conference tomorrow night. After planning and organizing girls conferences several times I know that when I feel like this and my girls have been sick that I know it is going to be an awesome conference. I think I would be worried if I was feeling too good at this point. I am so excited to see how God is going to use me in the lives of these girls. What a ministry that God has blessed me with. I think back to the time that I was working at Muskoka Woods Sports Resort and God told me that I would be doing this someday. I was like Sarah and I laughed. Now here I am 12 years later and it seems so clear. My what time can do.

I am really hoping that I can sleep tonight. I haven't felt like this in a long time. But I have seen and felt God work powerfully in and through me in the past and I am willing to be used again even if this is what I must endure. Wasn't it Paul that had something, where is my Bible? Maybe I am thinking of Jacob who walked with a limp after his night wrestling with an angel. I am sure Paul had something, no one could go through that many beatings and torture and not have something. That guy was like the energizer bunny, he never let anything stop him. So anyway back to my original thought, sometimes we are allowed to have pain or a circumstance to weaken us to show/prove that God is and always is in control and it is Him that is fully capable not me! So anyone from the girls conference that is reading this, please know that what you saw was God and not Cj Carleton. I am nothing without God who loves me so much that I can pass that on to you. May you be blessed and find hope with what I have to say.

I am ending my talk with this: Romans 15:13, "So I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." AMEN!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.