Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Questions that made me think and rant a little.

I am not sure how much I am going to get to write tonight because currently we have no heat in our house and my husband is frantically going around trying to find parts for our boiler at 8:30 at night. All I can say is that I am thankful that it isn't -40 tonight because I would be very cold. I will just make myself a Latte and I will be good for a little while.

I have been pondering my next question for a couple of days so here is goes:

What is your biggest fear?

My first thought was to say, if something happened to my daughters or my husband. But then I thought a little deeper on that one. I think my biggest fear is that we as a society continue to spiral down. That being bad is the norm and we destroy each other. Too many things are becoming socially acceptable and it scares me as to what the world will look like when my girls become teens. I am already concerned about the role models that they have to look up to. I have to admit that I am pretty picky about babysitters. I don't want just anyone coming in and spending time with my daughters. My girls get so attached to people and I want those people to be a positive influence on them. They are in their formative years and I am going to do all that I can so that they are raised with morals, values and standards. Honestly, I desire more people like me who are willing to stand up and say, I want things to change, that we are becoming too liberal (not the political party) with our thinking. We are becoming too lenient with what we allow to be acceptable. I so desire to start teaching sessions to women about mentoring and being role models for the younger generations. It is so lacking right now and the only reason I can see why that is, is because we make ourselves so busy that we don’t have time to do the very things that God has called us to do. Read it for yourself in Titus. This isn’t something that I am making up; it is something that should be happening, something that needs to happen. I am so tired of people sitting around complaining that the younger generation is making so many bad choices and they are our future leaders. Well, until those people who are complaining start doing something to help the younger generation they don’t have a foot to stand on.

So in all my ranting, my biggest fear is that I am the lone voice calling for change. I want to see people unite and say, there is enough garbage on tv, give me something good to watch. I want to see less violence in schools, I want a safe place to raise my children where I don’t have to worry if someone is going to steal their bikes out of my backyard. I want to see people finding purpose in their lives so they don’t have to resort to drugs, alcohol and sex to try and fill the void that they feel within them. I want to see women have self-respect and dignity and not bare themselves to reach an unattainable standard. I want to see people stop being so busy and spend time with their families, not just on special occasions. I want the older generations to encourage and teach the younger generations. There is hope for a brighter future. I wanted to call my book “A light at the end of the Tunnel”, because it is like I can see the light, of how things should be, I am just not sure how to get there.

If anyone has a suggestion or advice, I am so open to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.