Monday, April 28, 2008

Holiday at the Spa

I just got home from a little holiday with my family. What fun we had. It was just going to be a time away for my husband and I, but whenever we are away we are always thinking, “Oh the girls would love this!” or “I wish the girls were here to do this with us.” I was reading something that the author said he had never heard anyone in a Senior Home wish that they had taken more vacations without their kids. So we thought why not take the girls with us.

I am so glad that we did, we made memories that the kids will remember for the rest of their lives. They just love going to museums and learning. We were staying at a mineral spa so we spent a lot of time in the pool. The parents out did the kids because by the second day they were both napping right after lunch. Then that night it snowed. I can’t believe that it is the end of April and we are waking up to snow. This has been the longest, coldest winter. I am having a hard time seeing the global warming.

I still have some questions that I haven’t answered from the questionnaires I have girls fill out when I speak, so here is another one.

What is the most common struggle for most teen girls?

I believe the answer to this is self-esteem. Because this factor can lead to many other issues. If you read back to one of my past blogs you can read my thoughts about how many of the choices we make are based upon how we think about ourselves. Guys don’t see or feel things like we do. So females are bombarded with images of what marketers feel that we need or need to look like. It is so hard to fight against it constantly. But that is what we need to do. We need to be aware of what images we are allowing to mould us. Stand guard and stand firm.

Read scripture and you will grow in knowledge of who you are. And that is what you need to base your self-esteem on. It is hard, but so is trying to become what the world is telling us we need to be. I know I don’t have the money to be what the world is telling me, I couldn’t even pull off a good knock-off version. I don’t know about you, but I find what god has for me way more fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.