Saturday, May 17, 2008

To all the Mom's out there

Tonight I would like to ask all the Mom’s out there to take care of yourselves. Over the past year I have been dealing with weird health issues. I have learned how important it is to take care of yourself mentally, spiritually and physically.Mom-Advice
Mentally- use your brain. Your body tells you what you need, you just need to listen. My body kept telling me that it was tired and needed a break and I told my body “Shut up, I’m too busy.” And now I am paying for that. What I would give to take back the last year and a half of my life and do things differently, but since that isn’t an option I have to change my entire lifestyle to mend the damage that I have done.

Spiritually- I don’t know about you but I know I feel all around better about myself and life in general when I am spending time in the Word. My husband understands this as well; sometimes when I am acting irrational my husband sends me to our room and tells me to read my Bible. And just because he is telling me to do it I feel like I need to rebel, but deep down I know that is exactly what I need and I comply and my day goes a whole lot better.

Physically- as Mom’s we tend to put ourselves at the bottom of the list. It took me months to go and see a Doctor when I knew that something wasn’t right. Our families need us and we are no good to them when we are falling apart. I am just coming to an understanding about vitamins and minerals and how our bodies need them. I have discovered that I was lacking in a lot of areas and now that I am taking my vitamins I feel so much better physically. And when I feel better physically I can use that energy to feel better mentally and connect better spiritually.

Ladies I am just coming to understand on a deeper level how important it is to our children that we are in a secure place. Especially our daughters. If we want what is best for our daughters -- get things together in your life. Our self-esteem and how we deal with circumstances have a direct effect on our daughters. I have been weak and in pain for months and that has definitely had a negative effect on my self-esteem. I have seen changes in my oldest daughter that I know are a result of my behaviour. So now I have to correct my own behaviour and support her as she has to deal with her own issues. And I talk to her about what I am going through and I apologized for my behaviour and she can now visually see that I am trying to make changes. Our daughters need to see that we are not super humans that we have made mistakes in the past and we make mistakes every day and we are continually growing and learning from our mistakes.

A little while ago I was driving to a speaking event and this awesome idea popped into my head. I would love to plan a Mother/Daughter Retreat weekend. I have sessions all planned out and everything. I arrived at the speaking event just before 6pm and then I realized that it didn’t start until 6:30 so I spent the time writing all my thoughts out about the weekend and different things I could plan.

Sometimes I wonder why God has burdened me with all these far out ideas. Why did I feel compelled to write a book? Why do I feel like I have two more books in me that need to be written? I know from mistakes that I have learned from and circumstances in my life that I am here for a purpose that just like Esther I was created for such a time as this. I was born to affect the lives of women of all ages at this time and place.

So right now take time to evaluate yourself Mentally, Spiritually and Physically-- how are you doing? Not one person reading this is doing find in all three categories. There is always room to grow and learn. What kind of role model are you being to your children? I know, pretty heavy questions, but we (as a society) need to be positive role models (light) to those around us. I am willing to take the steps to make it happen, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.