Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Remember the good 'ol school days?

I can't believe how hot it is in Saskatchewan. It is the end of August and summer just got here. I am going to be sending my girls to school in shorts this year!

In less than a week I am going to have both girls in school. Wow, for five years I have had them home with me for the most part and now I am going to have to get used to not having them around. I remember the back to school days. I so love office supplies. I love walking around Staples and just imagining owning all the cool office stuff. I know I am weird, no need to comment on that one.

But I also remember trying to fit in every year. I was definitely not on the popular side of things. I had a few friends on occasion but they were only there when they needed someone to hang out with. If I was having a hard time, I don't believe that they would have been there for me. But I remember each summer I would try and make improvements within myself so that I would have a better year at school. September usually started out okay, feeling better about myself and keeping up with the school work. And then I would usually give up in October and then I couldn't wait until school was over. My self-esteem was so low, I can't believe sometimes that I made it through high school. For my last year of high school I decided to change high schools. A high school in a near by town was larger and offered a wider variety of courses so I thought that I would go there. Plus, it would be a fresh start. But starting in a school where people had been friends for years didn't leave a lot of room for me. The girl groups were too clicky and so I hung out with guys, but then I learned the hard way that, that was not a good idea either because I ended up with an undeserved reputation. My school years were hard on me. I would not want to repeat it, but I am thankful for that time. I would not be the person that I am now, nor would I have the passion to help teen girls through that time, if it were not for my school experiences.

I am so glad that my girls love school and look forward to it. School is so much more than a popularity game, it is a chance for you to grow into who Christ created you to be. Each day at school is a challenge and opportunity to make choices that are going to lead you in a positive direction. The choices that are made during your school years help lead you in your life's direction and some of those choices have consequences that will follow you throughout your life.

I want to encourage you to live each day on purpose. Your life is not an accident, it is your gift and it is your chance to make a difference in the world around you.

Imagine what they world would look like if everyone lived their life that way. That every morning we woke up and thought, how can I make a positive impact in the world around me.

That is your challenge for this week. Make a positive impact in the world around you, by helping others it will make you feel great about yourself. There are so many positives how can you not accept the challenge!

Leave me a comment and tell me how your week turns out, and I will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.