Monday, August 18, 2008

Trust and Obey, there is definately no other way!

So I have moved from silence to trust. Wow, has that word been popping up a lot lately. I was on a mini vacation with my family to Saskatoon. While I was there I dropped in at Scott's Parable Bookstore. They have supported me for so many years, through my clothing line and now my book. So I was chatting with some staff that I have known from the onset of our working relationship and I was telling them about my book award and they told me that they just can't believe all that God has accomplished through me over the years. So I flippantly said, "I guess I am going to have to start trusting Him at some point."

How much truth was said in that. I know in my gut what God wants me to do and I obey for the most part, but when it comes to trusting that seems like something unattainable. Then I am reminded of all that God has done in and through me and I can stand back and go "WOW!" And I totally know that it is not me but God working through me.

So later on that day I received another reminder from my four year old. We were at a family celebration and we were standing on the balcony watching an electrical storm in the distance. The light show was really awesome and then the thunder started as the storm moved closer. My girls were thinking that this was awesome! But my husbands' cousin's daughter was not so sure. So we said the "Oh, it's just God bowling up in heaven." She was thinking that might be okay. Right after that there was a flash of light and then a small rumble of thunder. So I told her that it sounded like God had only knocked down a couple of pins because it wasn't very loud. My four-year-old did not like that remark. She came over to me and told me that God always get strikes, because He can do anything!

Joshua 1:9 says, "This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.