Tuesday, March 16, 2010

31 Day Challenge, Proverbs Chapter 16

Well, we are already half way there!  I am getting wiser by the day!  Chapter 16!

I am so enjoying spending daily time in the Word.  Why is this something I have to cram into my daily schedule.  I should be craving it.  On Thursday I am going to be a guest writer at the Canadian Authors who are Christian blog.  It is going to give practical advice about making time.  I will make sure I post a link so you can read it.

In today’s chapter I found so many verses that stood out to me.  So I am just going to tell you the verse and then a few (hopefully) short thoughts on them.

V.9 “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.”

Amen for that, my steps usually get me into trouble or go in the wrong direction.

V.24 “Kind words are like honey--sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”

Something you may not know about me: I grew up on a bee farm, yup, an apiary.  I would put the whole bee suit on and go out and check the hives.  I could talk for an hour about how wonderfully created the bee is from the Queen, to the worker to the drone.  Growing up on a bee farm also means lots of honey!  Instead of sugar on your cereal, we had honey.  Honey on and in everything.  Of course it was 100% natural honey not like what you buy in the stores.  Honey is sweet and good for you.  Just like kind words.  Ephesians 4:29 says, “Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”

V.31 “Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life.”

I thought my gray hair was from my children!  With all the gray that I am getting I guess I must be on the right track! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.