Thursday, March 04, 2010

31 Day Challenge, Proverbs Chapter 4

To start I have to say how excited I am that my Bible is actually getting some good use these days.  I have pulled out my commentaries and blew off the dust.  It feels like I am being reacquainted with an old friend.  I know how good it makes me feel, I can’t even begin to imagine how it must make God feel.

In Chapter 4, the verse that stands out to me the most would be V. 24 “Avoid all perverse talk; stay far from corrupt speech.”

Words can encourage or words can really hurt.  They are more powerful than we give them credit for.  Throughout my pre-teen and teen years I heard a lot of hurtful words.  For a long time I allowed them to shape who I thought I was and my life’s direction.  Fortunately, I learned to become a stronger person and believe in myself and who I was created to be, instead of who the world saw me as.

Ephesians 4:29  “Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”

After being on the receiving end of abusive language for so long, I strive to live my life using my words to be an encouragement.  I have often quoted this verse to my www.the160acrewoods.com/daughters.  At their young age they need to understand the power of their words.  Today’s reading has been a good reminder for me.  I haven’t been paying attention to my words lately, I hope that my words haven’t been harmful to anyone but I am thankful for this wake up call to how my words affect the people around me.

Thank you Lord, for showing us the path that you have for us.  That you have so much planned for us and how you can mould and shape us for the plans that you have.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.