Friday, September 28, 2012

A theme…

I am definitely seeing change as a theme in my life.  Apparently, I still have something to learn in this area.  I like structure, having a plan, knowing what each day will bring and no surprises.  When things change I need an adjustment period to get things straight in my mind and have a new plan.  Do I sound strange?  Am I the only one that feels this way?

change

I have learned through the years that I am really a home body.  Let me spend time at home puttering around and cuddling with my family.  I am happy with that.

Well, that change word snuck in the back door and my life resembles something that I do not recognize anymore.

I am now getting up and out the door first thing in the morning in business attire, looking somewhat professional and presentable.  I am having meetings and lunches with executives from our city, the mayor and even ministers. 

My official title is “Communications Coordinator”, all the things I used to do at home for free I am now being paid to do.  I have kept my professionalism in what I do and I do things well.  I have made changes to make things run more smoothly and give a professionalism that this organization deserves.

I have faced a few challenges by going back to work full time.  It is definitely difficult on the family, especially on the girls.  But things are getting better; I have personally had a few breakdowns where I just wanted to be home.  But seasons change and right now I am in a season where I need to work. 

Many mornings on my drive to work I have to change my attitude because the one I woke up with was a really bad one.  Some days are better than others but I have worked through a lot of change through the years and I can persevere through this as well.

I will continue on this journey of life and believe that I have been created for such a time as now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.