Friday, August 30, 2013

In the middle

 buffalo Recently my family went on an adventure.  We travelled from Saskatchewan to Ontario hauling our trailer with our puppy in tow.  We were travelling to visit with my family.  It was four and a half days of driving 8 – 9 hours a day.  We saw a lot of sights, I took a lot of pictures (over 800) and we had a lot of family time.  I am so thankful that our family doesn’t mind being trapped in small quarters from long periods of time.  Whether it is the truck, camper or boat we like to hang out together.

Years ago we did this drive and there were a few memorable campsites that we stayed at that we wanted to visit again.  Rainbow Falls, Ontario was one of them.  Last time we stayed in the campground on the shores of Lake Superior, what a beautiful campground.  We stayed there again this time but we also visited the campground with the falls.  Our family and puppy did the 3K hike and it was beautiful.

Rainbow Falls Ontario

On our way back we crossed a bridge and I could help but pause and stare at the tree that was growing in the middle of the rapids.  So many times I feel that tree.  Like I am standing in the middle of rapids with everything rushing around me.  That overwhelming feeling of continuous chaos.

But as I stood there thinking, contemplating, taking pictures I thought about how strong that tree must be.  That it is determined to stand its ground no matter what is going on around it.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to share with me.